Getting a Vaccine for Covid 19
Everyone 6 months of age and older living in British Columbia is eligible to get vaccinated. Vaccination is free. Booster doses are recommended for everyone 5 years and older.
Getting your first and second doses
You need at least two doses to complete your primary series for most vaccines in B.C. Some people need a third dose in their primary series for better protection against severe illness.
- Step 1: Register with Get Vaccinated
- Step 2: Book an appointment or drop-in
- Which vaccines are available in B.C.?
- Getting different vaccine brands
- Timing of your first and second dose
Booster doses help maintain your level of protection against severe illness from a COVID-19 infection. Everyone 5 years and older can get a booster dose.
- First booster dose
- Fall booster dose
- Getting a booster dose after you had COVID-19
- How to get a booster
- Which vaccine should you get for a booster dose?
People who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, including children ages 5 to 11, should receive a third dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
These individuals may not develop a strong enough immune response with only two doses of vaccine. They need three doses to achieve the level of protection that most people get with two doses.
- Difference between a third dose and a booster dose
- Boosters for people who received a third dose